TW Steel Maintenance & Tips
To ensure continuing pleasure and performance of your TW Steel timepiece:
- Keep your watch clean with a soft dry cloth.
- Avoid contact with perfumes, spirits or petroleum products as these may damage seals, straps or case/bracelet.
- Ensure that the crown, which is used to change the hands/date, is properly pushed in at all times. This prevents penetration by water or dust.
- Avoid abrasions as scratching may eventually affect the case and bracelet.
- If you are about to undertake heavy physical work, remove your watch.
- If your watch has a leather strap do not wear it too tightly fastened or expose it to water, unless the strap is water resistant.
- Avoid subjecting your watch to rapid changes in temperature.
- When not being worn, keep your watch in a cool dry place.
- To ensure reliable performance your watch should be serviced at least every 3 years.
- Batteries should last for up to two years. If your watch needs a new battery please attend to this immediately as dead cells can harm the movement.
- A water resistant model should have its seals checked at least every 2 years, and annually if the watch is worn whilst bathing, to ensure its water resistance.
- Your watch must be returned to an official TW Steel agent for servicing and any other necessary repairs.
Here is a list of what you can and cannot do with your watch in respect of water resistance. The ATM (atmosphere) measure is engraved on the back of each TW Steel model.
|3||Washing hands, rain|
|** not recommended: sauna, steam bath, jacuzzi|